JOTW: Head of Volunteering Programme at ECB / ICC for the ICC CWC 2019
This week’s featured ‘Job of the Week’ (JOTW) is a vacancy for a Head of Volunteering Programme at ECB / ICC for the ICC CWC 2019.
The ICC LOC has a hugely exciting opportunity for the right person to join the ICC CWC 2019 team as Head of Volunteering Programme. The purpose of this role is to plan and oversee the volunteers program for CWC19 including recruitment, selection & training, as well as being responsible for the oversight of the day-to-day operation of volunteers across all venues and host cities in England and Wales. Volunteers should be inspired, engaged, committed and motivated to making the tournament, an exciting and special experience for all spectators attending games and fan parks throughout the country.
- Plan and oversee the implementation of a volunteer’s program for the CWC19
- Management of volunteer team
- In conjunction with the City Partnerships, Planning and Sports operations teams identify volunteer requirements & roles, map out key milestones and touchpoints in the run up to the tournament
- Continuously liaise with relevant managers, updating regularly on the progress of planning and implementation ensuring progress is in line with strategy
- Spend time at each venue & host city mapping out requirements
- Establish strong relationships with venue management and other stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver volunteer uniforms in time and on budget
- Work closely with City Partnerships team to plan requirements for fan parks, walking routes, transport hubs etc.
- Ensure ECB is kept abreast of all plans in order to integrate their legacy projects, working with the P&G team to ensure club engagement with the programme
- Work with ECB to encourage employee participation in the programme designing a program of engagement to have maximum impact
- Create and execute an engaging and fair volunteer recruitment campaign in conjunction with HR.
- Set up training events across venues ensuring consistency of training and messaging.
- Create a strong, well trained and motivated volunteering team which will have a lasting impact on cricket.
- Manage and run briefing days which inspire and connect positively both the venue and the volunteers prior to the start of the CWC.
- Manage communication on a continuous basis keeping volunteers motivated throughout the process and after completion.
- Oversee the planning and design of volunteer equipment such as lollipops etc.
- Oversee the deployment of volunteers, ensuring the smooth delivery of the event and compliance with all events policies and procedures.
- Design and implement appropriate reward programs to engage and motivate volunteers across the tournament and beyond.
- Ensure procedures are in place for all volunteers to carry out their roles effectively, safely and securely
- Manage time effectively across the team utilising others where necessary during tournament time
Expertise and skills
This role requires significant experience in the operational delivery of international sporting events within a strategic framework. The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience in events volunteering, including management roles with proven in-depth operational knowledge and leadership skills
- Experience of managing teams across multiple sites and various disciplines
Key skills are:
- Communication: ensuring ongoing and effective communication between departments, stakeholders and volunteers
- Presentation: presenting ideas and results to stakeholders internally and externally
- Team working: fostering an environment of teamwork to ensure that delivery is achieved on time and tournament goals are met
- Initiative: the ability to work alone or take a lead when hurdles arise or when tasks require completion
- Planning: staying ahead of the game and ensuring that plans are clearly defined and executed by the team
- Problem solving: adapting to an ever-changing environment and reacting quickly to challenges
- IT: keeping up-to-date with IT systems and understanding emerging technologies, utilising systems to support the volunteer programme
For further details or to apply for this exciting position, go to: http://goglob.al/egpdWM
Each of the featured ‘Jobs of the Week’ are brought to you by the Sports Venue Business (SVB) Jobs Board, powered by GlobalSportsJobs.