JOB OF THE WEEK: Stadium Safety Officer, The FA
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Stadium Safety Officer with The Football Association. The successful candidate will be expected to deliver the highest possible standards in event safety and an exceptional event experience for event owners and customers.
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park.
Please take the time to read this advert, as well as view the supporting document – see the link below – which hopefully brings to life what it is like to work at Wembley Stadium and in particular, what The FA is looking for in its next Stadium Safety Officer.
You will be expected through strong leadership and relationships with key partners to deliver the highest possible standards in event safety and an exceptional event experience for event owners and customers.
Working closely with the Medical, Security and Crowd Safety teams plus other internal and external stakeholders, you will provide security advice commensurate to the current threat and risk.
- Act as the lead Safety Officer for major events at Wembley Stadium.
- Work alongside the crowd safety team to ensure all events are planned and delivered to exceptional safety and security standards whilst maximising the customer experience.
- Develop the strategy and advise on the operational delivery for public order and safety planning for all events at Wembley, aligning the practices and processes of the stadium crowd safety, fire and medical teams to those of the external emergency service providers and co-ordinated with all other FA Group business strategies, including, but not limited to, the stadium crisis management and business recovery policies
- Develop exceptional relationships with the local authority, SGSA and stadium emergency service providers, particularly the Metropolitan Police Service and any counter terrorism officers, working in partnership, and with trust, to deliver continuous improvement of stadium operations for all events and deliver mutual benefits and efficiencies across all agencies
- Provide leadership to the Security Manager, on-site PST team and Reception Services ensuring professional standards are maintained and continuous improvements are delivered on an ongoing basis.
- Promote and develop a performance focused culture, manage and coach team members to effectively enhance team’s capabilities and expertise to provide the quality of service required by The FA Group and in accordance with best practice.
- Provide regular feedback and learning opportunities to enable the achievement of the Safety Strategy.
- Create an inclusive, diverse and supportive environment that reinforces the Company values and culture, ensuring the acquisition, retention and development of talent.
- Lead discussions with key stakeholders regarding the stadium external footprint, understanding the impact of the developing site surrounding the stadium, identifying key issues and developing and implementing associated strategies
- Work with the Stadium Director to provide strategic advice/guidance to the Group, particularly The FA’s obligations and requirements regarding investigations into all facets of discrimination
- Manage and deliver the Event Control Room whilst also managing a pool of event day safety officers.
- Regular review of the Stadium’s contractor’s security, accreditation and personnel background check policies to ensure compliance
- Have a full working knowledge of the Stadium security systems, procedures and protocols to consider and implement improvements.
- Regularly review security SOPs as well as the security operations’ manual and incident response plan.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet the stadium and FA group priorities
What The FA is looking for
- Vocational or academic qualifications in sport or leisure management, NVQ Level 4 Spectator Safety qualification or equivalent
- Experienced in writing and delivering strategic plans, with clear action plans and KPIs
- Proven successful experience as a Safety Officer at a major stadium.
- Significant understanding and experience of crowd safety management and related public disorder strategies
- Experienced in leading, developing and motivating employees
- Experience of cultivating a consistent best practice behaviour
- Significant understanding and awareness of the relevant applicable legislation for venues and major events
- Experience of developing robust audit and review processes
- Flexible approach to working hours
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.