JOB OF THE WEEK: Senior Manager, Digital Partnerships, IOC
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Senior Manager, Digital Partnerships at the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
The International Olympic Committee is the supreme authority of the Olympic Movement. Acting as a catalyst for collaboration between all parties of the Olympic family, from the National Olympic Committees (NOCs), the International Sports Federations (IFs), the athletes, the Organising Committees for the Olympic Games (OCOGs), to the TOP partners, broadcast partners and United Nations agencies, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) shepherds success through a wide range of programmes and projects.
- Maximise the commercial value of IOC assets including reserved media rights, non-Games media rights, brand IP, Olympic Data Feed (ODF) and any other assets through digital and social media platforms
- Build best-in-class commercial partnerships with digital and social media platforms
- Nurture relationships and act as subject matter expert for digital and social media platforms to ensure long-term commercial revenue opportunities
- Deliver strategy and operating plan for commercial objectives across owned-and-operated Olympic digital platform, global and regional social media channels that is aligned with the IOC’s long-term revenue strategy
- Create and implement a strategy to maximize the commercial value of select rights with digital/social media entities and support the Vice President, Broadcast and Media Rights and Head, Broadcast and Media Rights to optimize Games Broadcast Rights Monetization
- Provide leadership in ensuring delivery of IOC commitments (e.g. content) in digital partnerships across digital platforms in conjunction with the IOC’s commercial ambitions and programme
- Lead with an innovative mindset while proactively looking at monetization opportunities developed by digital platforms as their products and functionalities develop.
- Identify our role on new platforms that emerge or new ways to use existing platforms to best achieve digital strategy and commercial goals
- Refine the IOC social media measurement system to track revenue growth
- Manage the Digital Partnerships commercial strategy, setting annual objectives against that and executing day-to-day activities in line with objectives
- Build team culture and develop the commercial Digital Partnerships team as future leaders within the organisation
Measurement / Reports:
- Commercial digital Partnerships annual strategies and operating plans
- Annual & activation-specific Digital Partnerships Revenue Dashboard
- Direct and manage analytics and performance tracking; report on relevant KPIs to key stakeholders on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Managing the annual and activation-specific Digital Partnerships revenue opportunities
Education and work experience
- Extensive experience leading partnerships with existing social media platform relationships and first-hand commercial management
- Detail oriented with experience interacting directly with internal and external clients to drive results
- University degree or equivalent in business, marketing, brand management, advertising or related field; Higher education qualification or equivalent (master’s/bachelor’s degree, Federal diploma, etc.) a plus
- Significant experience creating and managing digital partnerships or business development
- Significant experience working at or directly with digital and/or social media companies from within media / sports / entertainment organizations
- Experience with diverse, multi-cultural, multi-functional teams
- Confident working in and across a matrixed organisation structure to deliver successfully
The International Olympic Committee is a not-for-profit independent organisation committed to building a better world through sport. By joining us, you become part of the Olympic Movement. You will have the opportunity to work in an international and flexible environment with people of more than 50 nationalities.
For further information and to apply, click here.
#careers #jobsinsport #Olympics #sportsbiz #sportsjobs #sportsindustry #eventsindustry #eventprofs #majorevents
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector – taking place at Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium this October, 12-13, will examine how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations, service expansions and the latest technology. This year’s physical event will be complemented by a virtual experience to ensure that no one misses out.
The next edition of ALSD International – organised by the ALSD and Sports Venue Business – will feature a high-level conference, an exhibition hall showcasing the latest products, services & solutions, tours of Anfield, Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, and numerous networking events, ensuring optimised opportunities to knowledge-share, network and do business.
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments