JOB OF THE WEEK: Head of Sport Operations & Services, Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Head of Sport Operations and Services at the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022 (B2022).
B2022 are looking for an experienced Head of Sport Operations & Services to be responsible for the planning and delivery of the key Games-wide sport operational elements including sport equipment, sport entries, sport information, sport publications and training venues; together with athlete services at the Commonwealth Games Village and contributing to the delivery of the wider sport department project objectives. This is an incredibly exciting role at the heart of delivering a fantastic Games experience for competitors and spectators alike.
* Manage all aspects of the Sport Operations & Services budget;
* Recruitment, management and training of managers and coordinators for sport equipment, sport entries, sport information/publications/village services and training venues;
* Oversee four key areas: sport equipment; sport entries; sport information/publications/village services; and training venues;
* For the above areas, this role oversee the scoping, planning, procurement and delivery;
* Develop policies and procedures relevant to the Sport Operations & Services function and programmes and in line with wider Games requirements;
* Develop policies for post-Games sport equipment and resource dissolution;
* Oversee the creation of training venue operations plans for the management of venues at Games time;
* Ensure effective training plans are in place for all Sport Operations & Services volunteers;
* Ensure that all Sport Operations & Services milestones and requirements identified by the Commonwealth Games Federation are scoped and delivered in line with wider Sport department and Games objectives;
* Ensure key documents, learnings and reports are successfully captured for effective transfer of knowledge for the next Commonwealth Games organising committee.
Skills & Experience Required
* Significant previous Sport department experience at a multi-sport event
* Significant previous Sport Operations Management experience at a multi-sport event
* Previous Sport Management experience in one of the 4 reporting roles at a multi-sport event
* Strong people management skills including recruiting and managing team and a large volunteer resource
* Previous experience working in a project management capacity within the sport and/or event sector, involving multiple tasks and stakeholders
* Passionate about the delivery of Sport at the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Please note that this role is not capable of sponsorship under Tier 2 of the points based system. Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer.
For more details, download the full job description by clicking here.
#B2022 #careers #commonwealthgames #eventprofs #eventhosting #eventsindustry #majorevents
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector – taking place at Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium this October, 12-13, will examine how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations, service expansions and the latest technology. This year’s event will feature a physical event complemented by a virtual experience to ensure that no one misses out.
The next edition of ALSD International – organised by the ALSD and Sports Venue Business – will feature a high-level conference, an exhibition hall showcasing the latest products, services & solutions, tours of Anfield, Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, and numerous networking events, ensuring optimised opportunities to knowledge-share, network and do business.