JOB OF THE WEEK: Broadcast Coordinator, The Football Association (The FA)
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Broadcast Coordinator at The Football Association (The FA); the governing body of football in England.
The FA is responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park.
Lead on the scheduling, production and rights delivery for The FA’s broadcast partners within Women’s football and the management of all relevant stakeholders.
- Work with domestic and international broadcasters and production partners to manage relationships and implement all women’s multi-platform football programming – across Barclays FA WSL, FA Championship, WFA Cup, Continental Tyres League Cup and Lionesses.
- Oversee all output including live matches across linear and digital platforms, highlights, shoulder and magazine programming
- Manage broadcast operations for every round of the Barclays FA WSL – including upload of content to FTP sites, highlights, live match streaming – communicating to stakeholders of where and when content is available
- Manage the broadcast operations for all Lioness matches – including site visits, accreditations, camera positions, compound layouts, gantry layouts and reporter positions. Liaising with the host stadium in conjunction with the broadcast production manager and the FA event manager to ensure smooth delivery
- Work with relevant stakeholders to organise England Women’s friendly international matches. Including discussing contract details with relevant Football Associations.
- Schedule and manage the broadcast picks for all televised and streamed matches, working closely with competitions department, host broadcasters, clubs and production partners
- Communicate and analyse viewing figure trends
- Manage production budgets and raise PO’s where applicable
- Clearance of footage for FA channels
- Increase opportunity to watch women’s football across all platforms
- Ensure all broadcast regulations are correct and up to date for all competitions
- Support clubs with all broadcast queries and requests
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities
What The FA is looking for
- Experience of television operations, ideally within the sports industry
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to travel and to work weekends
- Commercially aware
- Good understanding of the broadcasting rights industry including relationships with UK Broadcasters
- Understanding of all technical aspects of an outside broadcast operation
What The FA can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
#careers #jobsinfootball #jobsinsport #sportsjobs #sportsbiz
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector – taking place at Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium this October, 12-13, will examine how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations, service expansions and the latest technology, and how to recoup lost revenue post COVID-19.
The next edition of ALSD International – organised by the ALSD and Sports Venue Business – will feature a high-level conference, an exhibition hall showcasing the latest products, services & solutions, tours of Anfield, Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, and numerous networking events, ensuring optimised opportunities to knowledge-share, network and do business.