JOB OF THE WEEK: Marketing and Brand Manager, Liverpool City Council
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Marketing and Brand Manager at Liverpool City Council to assist with the successful delivery of the 2022 World Gymnastics Championships.
Working in collaboration with UK Sport and British Gymnastics, Liverpool will be hosting the prestigious World Gymnastics Championships in 2022.
The 2022 World Gymnastics Championships will be one of the largest international sporting events ever to be held in Liverpool with an estimated 600 gymnasts from 90 countries taking part in 8 days of competition.
Liverpool City Council wishes to recruit a Marketing & Brand Manager to successfully deliver all marketing elements associated with the Championships. In this varied and exciting role, the successful candidate will be required to develop the strategic and operational marketing plan for the Championships and oversee the application and production of the event logo and branding.
The post holder will also work collaboratively with UK Sport and British Gymnastics to assist with the successful delivery of the event to a worldwide audience and work closely with the Council’s marketing and communications teams to ensure the event is promoted through an effective delivery model.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Develop the strategic and operational marketing plan for World Gymnastics Championships 2022.
- Ensure that the marketing function fully supports delivery against all of the World Gymnastics Championships objectives through effective planning and communication with the Project Managers.
- Oversee the design and production of relevant event logo, brand and guidelines to ensure compliance and consistency of delivery.
- Oversee all aspects of design including but not limited to websites, social media, branding and dressing, Field of Play Overlay, Uniform, Tickets, Sponsor Collateral, Merchandise and Athlete Communication.
- Manage marketing campaigns relating to ticket sales, sponsorship engagement, event awareness and engagement.
- Ensure that all print production is delivered in the most cost effective manner and is of the quality that befits the World Gymnastics Championships 2022.
- Work with the Commercial Account Manager to ensure that sponsor and partner requirements are delivered in accordance with commercial agreements.
- Manage all photography and filming requirements.
- Work with colleagues in Liverpool City Council’s Marketing and Communications Teams and Marketing Liverpool to ensure that delivery of the offer is produced utilising the most effective delivery model through both existing resources and additional internal and external resources as required.
- Commission, where appropriate, relevant market research in order to identify market requirements.
- Manage the World Gymnastics Championships 2022 website and social media channels associated with the event.
- Work across the whole organisation to ensure that all marketing requirements and opportunities are fulfilled.
- Provide timely updates and reports on all marketing activities.
- Work with UK Sport, British Gymnastics, International Gymnastics Federation to support the delivery of marketing activities as and when required.
- Understand and deliver all materials for events in line with brand guidelines set out by the events rights holders.
- Oversee the recruitment of event delivery teams in relation to Marketing and promotion.
- Manage the delivery of event time communication through a coordination of in-house, partner and external delivery partners.
- To work within Liverpool City Council guidelines to ensure equality of opportunity.
- To develop the City Council’s commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
- It must be understood that every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with all statutory requirements and with Standing Orders and Financial Regulations of the City Council, and to ensure that all work functions are undertaken in accordance with health and safety legislation, codes of practice, and the City Council’s safety plan.
- Develop the City Council’s commitment to equal opportunities and to promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of work undertaken.
It must be understood that every employee has a responsibility to ensure that their work complies with all statutory requirements with Standing Orders and Financial Regulations of the City Council and to ensure that all work functions are undertaken in accordance with health and safety legislation, codes of practice and the City Council’s safety plan.
This job description is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive. It is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of the advert.
Please note that this opportunity is a fixed-term contract up to November 2022. Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 13th July and 20th July 2020.
For further information and to apply, click here.
#careers #eventhosting #eventsindustry #eventprofs #majorevents #jobsinsport #sportsmarketing #sportsjobs
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector – taking place at Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium this October, 12-13, will examine how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations, service expansions and the latest technology, and how to recoup lost revenue post COVID-19.
The next edition of ALSD International – organised by the ALSD and Sports Venue Business – will feature a high-level conference, an exhibition hall showcasing the latest products, services & solutions, tours of Anfield, Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, and numerous networking events, ensuring optimised opportunities to knowledge-share, network and do business.