JOB OF THE WEEK: Senior Manager / Associate Vice President, Media Partnerships, DDMC Fortis
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Senior Manager / Associate Vice President, Media Partnerships at DDMC Fortis.
Reporting directly to the VP Media Partnerships & Commercial Affairs based in Hong Kong, the successful candidate will form part of the Media Sales & Partnerships department, playing a key role during the planning, setup and implementation of all post-sales media partnership processes, whilst also being involved in selected media sales support activities of DDMC Fortis. This includes media partner induction and day-to-day account management, as well as full responsibility for selected projects within the media partnerships team.
The role requires a commercially and digital savvy, service-minded and pro-active individual who enjoys working in a complex and dynamic business environment.
- Identify, create and promote opportunities (marketing, promotions, production, commercial, digital/social, brand experience, etc.), to support and consult media partners in fully exploiting and activating their acquired rights.
- Delivery of all contractual rights to media partners at the highest standard.
- Ensure that media partners meet their contractual obligations.
- Work closely with the DF Operations & Production team to ensure the match delivery on competition match days, including satellite and content services, HB production and unilateral production.
- Develop and foster relationships with senior executives and other key contacts from media partners.
- Take a lead role and represent the Media Partnerships department in various cross-department internal processes and projects, working closely with colleagues from Media Sales, Production, Operations, Sponsorship, Business Affairs & Legal, Marketing and Digital.
- Involvement in the development and implementation of an induction process for new and incumbent media partners, including face-to-face/remote workshops/trainings, communications, and guidelines.
- Support the VP Media Partnerships & Commercial Affairs in coordinating and streamlining communication with the AFC regarding media partnership matters.
On-Site Venue Role
- Participation in DF’s on-site match delivery training programme.
- Depending on the candidate’s prior experience and successful training programme participation, assignment to an on-site venue role (broadcast or marketing/commercial) for one of AFC’s national team or club competitions, to ensure the smooth and seamless delivery of the broadcast and commercial concept.
Media Sales Support
- Provide the respective Media Sales lead with updates for and insights in appointed/selected markets.
- Support the Media Sales team in the creation of market plans, sales presentations, and other related documents.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 4-7 years experience in the media rights sector in the sports marketing industry at a broadcaster, digital platform, agency and/or federation.
- Preferably a master’s degree in business administration, media, sports management, or a related discipline.
- Experience in an international broadcaster/client servicing role desirable.
- Solid understanding of broadcast production and match delivery.
- Thorough understanding of the sports media rights landscape.
- Knowledgeable of the latest developments, trends, and dynamics in the sports media industry, including the digital and social media sectors.
- Strong commercial mindset and acumen.
- Experience of working in a high-pressure, rapid-growth environment.
- Strong organisational skills, accurate working style, and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent (ideally native) in English, any additional AFC language is a plus.
- Willingness to travel within Asia and possibly beyond if required.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
#careers #jobsinsport #sportsjobs #sportsmedia
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s leading event for the Premium Seat & Sports Hospitality sector – taking place at Liverpool FC’s Anfield Stadium this October, 12-13, will examine how to increase revenue through new builds, renovations, service expansions and the latest technology, and how to recoup lost revenue post COVID-19.
The next edition of ALSD International – organised by the ALSD and Sports Venue Business – will feature a high-level conference, an exhibition hall showcasing the latest products, services & solutions, tours of Anfield, Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, and numerous networking events, ensuring optimised opportunities to knowledge-share, network and do business.
#sportsvenuebusiness – The leading platform for sector news, views & developments