JOB OF THE WEEK: Venue Ticketing Manager, UEFA Euro 2020 – Bucharest Host City
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Venue Ticketing Manager at UEFA Euro 2020 – Bucharest Host City.
The mission of Ticketing (TICK) is to maximise ticketing revenues and optimise attendance at all matches through a fair and transparent system, which provides value for money for all spectators in a safe and festive environment. The Venue Ticketing Manager will be overall responsible for the implementation of the Ticketing project in his/her UEFA EURO 2020 venue.
- Communication and cooperation
- Regular liaison with UEFA project stakeholders
- Main contact for the TICK venue team, including access control and ticketing centre
- Coordinate with the EURO 2020 project team onsite and stadium operators to ensure the requirements are met in terms of ticketing
- Participate in daily venue team meetings
- Training of other staff members and/or volunteers
- Organise the training of TICK staff
- Prepare the documentation used for the training of the volunteers
- Conduct the ticketing specific training for the volunteers
- Event-time responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for match day preparations & operations
- Troubleshoot problems concerning ticketing as they arise
- Support/liaise with safety and security, spectator and access control services
- Plan and allocate various daily tasks to the ticketing venue team (including volunteers)
- Supervise the set-up and dismantling of TICK facilities
- Liaise with any appointed service providers
- Satisfy all customer ticketing needs at the venue and provide excellent customer service
- Provide troubleshooting support for access issues
- Daily liaison with the UEFA TICK project team
- Submit daily reports and debriefs (including statistics) according to provided guidelines and deadlines
Profile of successful candidate
- Three years’ experience in ticketing or in major sports events or large international events
- Team management skills
- Experience in supervising a team
- Full professional proficiency in English (both oral and written)
- Advanced in Microsoft Office (specifically excel) and ability to familiarise with new IT systems quickly
- Good presentation skills
- Organised, service-oriented and resistant to stress
- Available to work on the weekends and outside of office hours
- University degree
- Communication proficiency in the local language of the venue considered as a big asset, good knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Problem solving attitude
- Good knowledge of mobile devices
Applications must be submitted by 28th February 2020.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
#UEFA #EURO2020 #jobsinsport #jobsinfootball #sportsjobs
The Job of the Week is brought to you courtesy of Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news, views & developments
Venue and event technology is just one of the many topics covered at ALSD International, Europe’s leading event for the Premium/Club/VIP Seat and Hospitality sector. The two-day conference and exhibition, which is being held at Liverpool FC’s iconic Anfield stadium and will include behind-the-scenes tours of Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, is delivered by the 30-year-old Association of Luxury Suite Directors (ALSD) in conjunction with Sports Venue Business (SVB), the world’s leading platform for sector news, views & developments.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s one & only event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector