JOB OF THE WEEK: Sport Manager, Commonwealth Games England
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Sport Manager at Commonwealth Games England.
The Sport Manager will report to, and work closely with, Commonwealth Games England’s Head of Performance and Sport Engagement on a number of key Games Delivery projects for both the 2021 Commonwealth Youth Games in Trinidad and Tobago, and the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham supporting the preparation of the team.
They must have a level of flexibility as the working environment and remit changes each month as Games time nears and an engaging manner in their approach to working with internal and external stakeholders.
Some of the projects and key responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Chef de Mission and Head of Performance and Sport Engagement to continue sport and performance planning communication with nominated NGB Team Leaders and Performance Directors for Birmingham 2022 to create the best possible performance environment for the team.
- Work closely with the Chef de Mission and Head of Performance and Sport Engagement to deliver the 2022 Team Leader Development Programme effectively preparing and supporting Team Leaders for their Games time role.
- Be the point of contact with nominated NGB Team Leaders and coordinate Games Planning meetings throughout the cycle to understand the athlete needs and sport requirements.
- Coordinate and organise the Team Leader Workshops throughout the cycle, including the finalising of agendas and content, speaker liaison, and venue and delivery logistics.
- Play a critical role in the design and the development of the Birmingham Ready Programme with a lead responsibility for the development of resources and management of delivery logistics.
- Work closely with the Head of Performance and Sport Engagement, alongside the Accreditation team, to oversee the sport entries process for Birmingham 2022 and Trinidad and Tobago 2021 and act as the dedicated point of contact to the Organising Committee where required.
- Play a key support role in the coordination of the ratification process for sport selection policies in the build up to Birmingham 2022 and Trinidad and Tobago 2021.
- Work closely with UK Anti-Doping to coordinate Team England’s engagement and compliance in the Clean Games Policy, supporting NGBs to ensure nominated and selected team members are appropriately educated.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Head of Communications on Games time messaging, Team Values and the coordination of Team announcements.
- Manage the Sir John Hanson Young Talent Scholarship programme, coordinating regular monitoring meeting with the chosen athletes throughout the cycle.
- Coordinate and minute quarterly Sport Sub Committee meetings as required.
- A strong understanding of high performance sport
- Credibility within the sports sector
- Experience of working with NGBs, or within an NGB
- Experience of working with a major sporting event environment and with athletes
- A strong and clear communicator
- Ability to motivate others
- Interpret and anticipate change and respond effectively
- Have a strong understanding of a team ethic
- Ability to operate well under pressure
This role is accountable to the Head of Performance and Sport Engagement, based in London. The role is on a fixed term full-time contract of 35 hours per week until the end of September 2022. National and international travel may be required therefore the individual must hold a valid passport.
The successful candidate will receive a salary of circa £40,000 per annum plus benefits.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 24th February. Interviews will be held at the Commonwealth Games England offices in Holborn, Central London on Thursday 5th March.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you courtesy of Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news, views & developments
Venue/event technology is just one of the many topics covered at ALSD International, Europe’s leading event for the Premium/Club/VIP Seat and Hospitality sector. The two-day conference and exhibition, which is being held at Liverpool FC’s iconic Anfield stadium and will include behind-the-scenes tours of Everton’s Goodison Park and M&S Bank Arena, is delivered by the 30-year-old Association of Luxury Suite Directors (ALSD) in conjunction with Sports Venue Business (SVB), the world’s leading platform for sector news, views & developments.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s one & only event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector