JOB OF THE WEEK: Senior Manager, Digital Platforms, World Rugby
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Senior Manager, Digital Platforms with World Rugby.
World Rugby is the world governing and law-making body for the sport of Rugby Union. It is responsible for the growth, regulation and governance of a sport that is experiencing record participation and fan-engagement growth. World Rugby also owns some of the sport’s biggest-and best-loved major events including Rugby World Cup, Women’s Rugby World Cup and the men’s and women’s HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series.
This role will see the successful candidate devising and implementing growth strategies for all digital media channels, social media platforms and communities at a group level, leading and supporting all digital integration points for World Rugby.
The Senior Manager, Digital Platforms collaborates with key stakeholders including General Manager, Marketing and Content, the Technology department and the Brand Manager to design and execute the organisation’s digital strategy in order to maximise growth of the sport, inspiration and especially commercial revenue opportunities. Through management of a digital team, the successful candidate will be responsible for structuring the online properties lifecycle from requirements gathering and stakeholder management right through to finalisation of experience, content, project and event implementation.
- Create a digital fan experience strategy that encompasses all owned digital media platforms and includes an OTT strategy for World Rugby. Lead the implementation of the digital fan experience strategy from conception through to design and technical implementation.
- To complement the digital fan experience, develop the CRM strategy (in conjunction with the marketing and content manager) including underlying technical architecture, lead the implementation of this strategy from design through to implementation/launch
- Ensure that World Rugby’s digital platforms are positioned to reach the widest-possible audience to maximise visibility and inspiration.
- Design and deliver digital and integrated campaigns from start to finish including resource management, project management, financial control and agency liaison.
- Understand digital landscape developments to ensure that World Rugby is ahead of the game in fan-engagement.
- Manage and deliver efficient and cost-effective event & tournament strategies from concept to execution.
- Drive the end to end online fan experience, design (in conjunction with the brand manager) and usability of all World Rugby and RWCL web and Apps.
- Manage and deliver agile World Rugby App with integration across sub-sites and initiatives, including tournaments and player welfare.
- Identify opportunities to optimise and improve online conversion rates.
- Develop a SEO strategy for all World Rugby and RWCL websites
- Work closely with the Technology team on new digital projects; define, scope, document and test business and technical requirements across the organisation for all changes and enhancements.
- Manage the appropriate setting of service levels for all World Rugby digital platforms.
- Create, track and measure digital platform performance through a set of new KPIs.
- Lead and manage relationships with external agencies and suppliers.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant degree / experience in Digital Media/Computer Science.
- At least 15 years’ digital media management experience in the corporate, B2B space, ideally having worked for a digital agency, sports organisation or a digital agency working within sports.
- Proven track record of leading digital strategy, delivering large integrated projects across various digital platforms.
- Deep knowledge of project management tools and methods for the implementation of large technical builds. clearly able to demonstrate experience of using multiple Agile methods.
- Excellent understanding of CRM and experienced with managing and leading multiple CRM programmes for different audiences, and a proven instinct for optimising and monetising engagement.
- Strong understanding of social media – how to build / leverage communities.
- Background in CMS platforms and an understanding of multi-language content delivery across multiple digital channels, .
- Excellent understanding of analytics tools, with the ability to derive insights to inform/adjust marketing strategies.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships with all invested stakeholders.
- Background of creating and writing digital strategies for multiple digital platforms.
- Strong understanding of/interest in web trends, platforms and technologies.
- A passion for sport and fan engagement.
- Understanding of rugby an asset
- Project and programme management
- Creativity and innovation
- Strategy and thought leadership
KEY SKILLS & PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Personal accountability and proactivity.
- Flexible and methodical in approach.
- Strong and reliable team player.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.
#rugbyleague #jobsinrugby #jobsinsport #sportsjobs
The Job of the Week is brought to you courtesy of Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news, views & developments
Venue/event technology is just one of the many topics covered at ALSD International, Europe’s one and only event dedicated to Premium/Club/VIP Seating and Hospitality sector. The two-day conference and exhibition, which includes behind-the-scenes tours of stadia, arena and sports/entertainment venues, is delivered by the 30-year-old Association of Luxury Suite Directors (ALSD) in conjunction with Sports Venue Business (SVB), the world’s leading platform for sector news, views & developments.