JOB OF THE WEEK: Ticketing Operations Lead, Rugby League World Cup 2021
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Ticketing Operations Lead with Rugby League World Cup 2021.
The Ticketing Operations Lead will be involved in the planning and delivery of the RLWC2021 ticketing programme including but not exclusively; the sales strategy, pricing, ticketing operations, resourcing and customer service.
The role will help to maximise ticketing revenues and optimise attendance at all matches across the Mens, Womens and Wheelchair Tournaments, through a fair and transparent system, which provides value for money for spectators in a safe and fun environment.
The Ticketing Operations Lead will be responsible for implementing the ticketing strategy across all 21 venues.
The role will have a highly collaborative approach with multiple partners and will contribute to the tournaments vision of staging the biggest and best ever World Cup that benefits the sport in the long term.
What you will be doing:
Day-to-day management of the appointed ticketing provider to deliver the ticketing website, help provide customer support, provide the senior leadership team timely information and reporting tools, including:
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with the venue and event operations to ensure the selected venues are mapped out and managed efficiently.
• Support the delivery of the public ticket ballot for the tournament, including working with the Customer Lead on the route to market and narrative.
• Support in the delivery of the tournament pricing strategy, considering scheduling, stadia segmentation and price points.
• Ensure accurate ticket sales reporting measures are embedded across the RLWC2021.
• Collaborate with the Commercial Team to ensure the seamless customer journey for the sale of merchandise, travel and hospitality.
• Work with the Senior Leadership team to understand, agree and manage client group ticket allocations/distribution for sponsors, partners, teams, VIPs and other guests.
• Deliver event day operations at each venue, including set up of any ticketing facilities and implementation of a ticket resolution service to satisfy customer needs.
• To lead, motivate and mentor staff within the ticketing team.
• To support any consultants appointed to ensure they add value to the ticketing team.
• Work with other members of the customer team to assist in the development of database customer profiles and purchase behaviour segmentation by product line.
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with internal teams. Anticipate their needs, suggest ideas, identify potential problems and provide suitable alternatives where appropriate.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technical competency areas and take a proactive approach to self-development and performance improvement.
• With the Head of Customer, plan and agree your personal achieve and develop plan.
• To actively contribute to RLWC2021’s values of being “Bold and Brave, World Class, Authentic and Inclusive”.
Skills and Experience
Degree level educated, ideally with a business or related degree:
• Proven experience of planning and delivering world-class ticketing operations, including the management of a ticketing service provider for a major sporting or other event.
• Proven experience of developing ticketing websites focusing on integration for positive customer experience.and the technical skills to work in the back office environment.
• Strong project management and organisational skills and attention to detail, including managing budgets.
• Ability to deliver against tight timeframes to high standards.
• Experience of leading volunteers and developing rosters.
• Skilled in the use of analytical tools to measure ticketing performance/effectiveness towards agreed team Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
• Experience of successfully working with and building excellent relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders and partners in a complex and pressured environment.
• Self-motivated and dynamic personality with entrepreneurial and strategic thinking skills and the ability to be proactive and flexible.
• Excellent communication skills, with individuals from all nationalities and cultural backgrounds with different language abilities.
• Display a high degree of computer proficiency.
• Full professional proficiency in English (both oral and written).
The successful candidate with report into the Head of Customer.
Flexibility is available on location, with frequent travel and time required in Manchester and other areas of the UK.
The closing date for applications is Monday 3 February 17:00, with interviews to be held between Monday 10 February and Friday 21 February.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
Jon Dutton, RLWC21 CEO, was one of 60+ high calibre industry expert speakers that shared invaluable insights at the inaugural edition of ALSD International, held in London back in 2018, during which he took part in a ‘Pro Sports Super Panel’, alongside Tyler Mazereeuw, CRO at the Canadian Football League (CFL), with moderator, Bernie Mullen, Chairman & CEO at The Aspire Group. Jon also gave the Closing Keynote at this, the one and only event dedicated to Premium Seating and Hospitality.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s one & only event for the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector
The Job of the Week is brought to you courtesy of Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news, views & developments