JOB OF THE WEEK: Director of Operations, FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC
We’re delighted to bring you details on the Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Director of Operations at FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 LLC.
The Director of Operations has the responsibility for the successful planning and operational implementation of the operations elements of the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qatar™, and in particular Venue Operations, Maps and Drawings and Technical Services which includes Overlay and Power, Team Services etc.
This includes ensuring the appropriate hosting conditions are provided in collaboration with the counterparts within the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, stadium / venue owners, local authorities and third-party entities.
- The Operations Director assumes ownership and therefore key coordination role on operational matters related to the planning and implementation of operations between FIFA and the JV and as well with third-party entities (e.g. Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy, and key FIFA suppliers to achieve unified on-site operations & planning and to provide harmonised and consistent service levels to FIFA’s target groups.
- The Operations Director is leading Tournament Operations and Team Services as well as Match Venues, Training Sites, Maps & Drawings, Overlay, Power and technical services amongst other and will oversee the related concepts for FIFA Football World Cup Qatar 2022 client groups and ensure that they are aligned to deliver in accordance with the FIFA Standard operational requirements for Football World Cups.
- The Operations Director will ensure the implementation of related elements specific to his / her area of responsibility in the Tournament Master Schedule in order to ensure the requirements of all relevant stakeholders are aligned.
- The Operations Director will facilitate and plan the delivery of the necessary and appropriate workshops with the local market and relevant stakeholders to ensure alignment with all stakeholders.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications and experience
- A minimum sports event and or sports facilities management experience of 15 years.
- Experience in international sports/event management, with a strong focus on facilities management.
- Knowledge of event planning and event project management processes.
- Knowledge or proven track record in managing stadiums/sports facilities and an understanding of world event broadcasting requirements.
- Proven record of accomplishment in managing complex projects from inception – and in this case stadiums/facilities would be an added benefit
- Ability to effectively monitor divisional performance and implement decisive corrective actions
- Capacity to make key decisions for the business through critical problem-solving skills and an ability to use sound analytical judgement in a time-sensitive manner
- Ability to read architectural diagrams/drawings.
- Ability to communicate decisions both inside and outside the organisation
- Ability to motivate and mentor managers, supervisors and employees
- Flexibility when faced with ambiguity or constant change
- High level of presentation and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- The following strengths: high energy levels, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leadership, effective negotiation skills and positive relationship-management skills
- Strong IT skill including MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint).
- Fluency in English and other languages are an added benefit.
- Project management certification
- Go-getter and the desire to deliver excellence required in World Class events
- Passion for delivering global football events
- Experience or knowledge of local culture will be an added benefit.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you courtesy of Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news views & developments