JOB OF THE WEEK: Commercial Lead, Rugby League World Cup 2021
We are delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is an exciting vacancy for a Commercial Lead at the Rugby League World Cup 2021.
The Commercial Lead will be responsible for leading three areas of the Rugby League World Cup 2021’s Commercial programme – corporate hospitality; licensing and merchandise; fan travel.
RLWC2021 invest in and use research and data to inform and make decisions, so you’ll need an insight led approach to your work.
- Working with RLWC2021’s appointed hospitality agency, you’ll develop and manage RLWC2021’s corporate hospitality experience.
- You’ll be responsible for the end to end process from launch, sales, and delivery and fulfilment at tournament time.
Licensing & Merchandise:
- You’ll lead RLWC2021’s strategy covering the brand, products, marketing, promotion and distribution.
- RLWC2021 wants to increase visibility, sales and maximise industry trends such as personalisation and the role of technology.
- RLWC2021 will need some help, so you’ll secure and manage the necessary agencies/licensees to work with you.
- With 32 competing teams in RLWC2021, people from across the world will be coming to England to experience our tournament.
- Your role will be to secure and work with RLWC2021’s Sports Travel Partner(s) to provide UK and International fan travel packages.
- RLWC2021 needs to provide a once in a lifetime experiences at stadia, towns and cities across England for event goers.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Day-to-day ownership of RLWC2021 Corporate Hospitality, Licensing & Merchandise, and Fan Travel, including:
- Continuing and developing an insight led approach.
- Appointing and managing agency partners across all three areas.
- Creating and owning each respective business plan to meet agreed targets.
- Producing and shaping our propositions.
- Responsibility for end to end project management.
- Supporting the delivery of RLWC2021 tournament objectives.
- Assume additional duties as required, and actively contribute to RLWC2021 values.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Proven experience within a relevant commercial role in the sports industry, ideally including hospitality, licensing and merchandise, and fan travel.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent.
- Great examples of delivering world class experiences.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and working with agencies.
- Ability to interpret data.
- Budget responsibility for hospitality, licensing and merchandise, and fan travel.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and a high level of computer proficiency.
- Enjoys multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Great with people, with a flexible approach and an ability to influence.
- An excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated – someone who is reliable, can take ownership and prioritise, whilst also being able to work as part of a small and agile team.
The closing date for applications is 11th October 2019. Interviews will be held week commencing w/c 21st October 2019.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s one and only event dedicated to the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector – is coming to Croke Park Stadium this October, where some 50+ high-calibre experts from across Europe and North America will be providing insights on how to increase revenues through new builds, renovations and service expansions, as well as via the latest F&B and technology offerings, to the 150+ attendees confirmed from clubs & teams, leagues & federations, stadia & arenas, sports & entertainment venues, architecture & design firms, producers & suppliers, etc.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event dedicated to the Premium Seat & Hospitality sector
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news views & developments