JOB OF THE WEEK: Associate Global Partnerships Manager, World Rugby
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest exciting job vacancy – powered by Global Sports – which is for an Associate Global Partnerships Manager at World Rugby.
World Rugby wishes to appoint an Associate Global Partnerships Manager, reporting to the Global Partnerships Manager. The role holder will be responsible for managing and servicing an assigned group of World Rugby partners across the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series and other projects.
The Associate Global Partnership Manager will be responsible for the delivery of all contractual obligations, as well as developing new and creative ways to optimize the partner relationships and create value for both the partners and World Rugby.
World Rugby is the world governing and law-making body for the sport of Rugby Union based in Dublin. In addition to its governance functions World Rugby organises a number of international tournaments and events including the Rugby World Cup, Women’s Rugby World Cup and the annual HSBC Rugby Sevens World Series and Women’s Sevens World Series Competitions.
The Associate Global Partnership Manager will be responsible for the delivery of all contractual obligations, as well as developing new and creative ways to optimise the partner relationships and create value for both the partners and World Rugby.
- Creation and delivery of high quality, high value partnership plans with clearly defined objectives for each of the partners, ensuring that activation is delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure partner objectives and campaigns deliver tangible results and contractual rights are utilized.
- Ensure the needs of both partners and World Rugby are met aligning the partners’ needs with those of World Rugby.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day partnership delivery including contract management, review meetings and debriefs and event delivery.
- Delivery of marketing plans, including approval of creative and marketing materials, ensuring campaign and distribution deadlines are achieved.
- Manage the relationship with external agencies to support delivery of key commercial rights.
- Ensure timely delivery of compelling and insightful case studies (to aid renewal conversations and support new business sales).
- Assist the development of new revenue streams from partners through new ideas and propositions.
- Ensure that the portfolio of World Rugby brands and corporate identities are fully implemented and correctly used across all partner activity including, but not limited to, advertising.
- Lead or support wider teams on integrated approaches to all partner campaign and marketing initiatives.
- Lead and/or support the Commercial team in delivering World Rugby partner events.
Qualifications & experience
- Third level degree in Business, Marketing or a related field.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a dynamic global Sponsorship, Marketing and/or Event management function, either within a brand owner or agency environment.
- Proven track record in managing high profile global client relationships/accounts.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Sports Marketing preferable.
- Ideally some people management experience.
- IT literate, with a good knowledge of Word and Excel, and Outlook preferred.
- Fluency in English, with other European languages a distinct advantage.
For the full job description, as well as details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports ( GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
ALSD International – Europe’s one and only event dedicated to the Premium/VIP/Club Seat & Hospitality sector – is coming to Croke Park Stadium this October, where speakers from across Europe and North America will be providing insights on how to increase revenues through new builds, renovations and service expansions, as well as via the latest F&B and technology offerings.
#ALSDInternational – Europe’s leading event dedicated to the Premium/VIP Seat & Hospitality sector
#sportsvenuebusiness – the world’s leading platform for sector news views & developments