JOB OF THE WEEK: Protocol Manager, International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF)
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by Global Sports – which is for a Protocol Manager at the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF), to be based in Singapore.
Applicants should be willing to work as required rather than regular office hours, due to the nature of the work required for the job. They will be expected to manage protocol matters, particularly in regard to ITTF meetings, communications and events.
The successful applicant will have a key role in ITTF’s professional services to support the ITTF Strategic Plan, by working towards achieving the following objectives:
Develop and implement protocol measures within ITTF for:
- ITTF meetings, to ensure both internal and external stakeholders are catered for accordingly;
- ITTF events, liaising with the local organisers to ensure ceremonies, forums, workshops, etc. are organised with high standards;
- ITTF communications, especially with international relations between the ITTF and its member associations, as well as other key stakeholders, such as the IOC, IPC, ASOIF, etc.;
- ITTF representation, ensuring that senior officials, and invited guests, are provided with daily run sheets of their responsibilities for each day;
- Prepare the draft minutes of key ITTF meetings;
- Prepare and distribute key communications to member and affiliated organisations;
- Other tasks as required by the Secretary General and CEO.
Candidates for the position of ITTF Protocol Manager should demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary education or equivalent;
- 3-5 years’ experience in protocol matters;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of International Sports Federations, and the Olympic Movement;
- Experience working in cross-cultural environments
- Strong administrative ability and attention to details;
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and speaking
- Master command of English;
- High degree of professional presentation, protocol and image.
- Exquisite self-presentation, education, and diplomacy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced organization and within tight deadlines;
- Disposition to travel as required in the position
- Passion for sport and business;
- Ability to work in multiple languages, with preference of French, Spanish and Chinese. Other languages will be considered an asset.
All applications must be made through the online application form on ITTF.com, and will only be accepted until 15th July 2019.
Due to the high number of candidate applications expected, only those who are shortlisted to the next stage of the recruitment process will be contacted.
For the full job description, including details on how to apply, click here.
The Job of the Week is brought to you by Global Sports (previously known as GlobalSportsJobs), the world’s leading specialist careers platform for the international sports industry.
#SportsVenueBusiness – the leading platform for sector news, views & developments