JOB OF THE WEEK: Commercial Partnerships Manager, British Olympic Association
We are delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by GlobalSportsJobs – which is for a Commercial Partnerships Manager at the British Olympic Association (BOA).
The British Olympic Association’s (BOA) Vision is to ‘Unite and Inspire the nation through the power of Olympic Sport’ and its Mission is to ensure Team GB are ‘the best supported team in Olympic competition’.
The BOA’s primary role and purpose is to: Select, lead and manage Team GB at Olympic and Olympic Winter Games and all International Olympic Committee (IOC) and European Olympic Committees (EOC) accredited events such as Youth Games, Youth Festivals, and the European Games; and Develop the Olympic Movement and promote the principles and values of Olympism, in its territory of responsibility.
The BOA is independent and privately funded. The success of its mission is entirely dependent upon the income it receives from commercial programmes including but not limited to sponsorship, fundraising, licensing and events.
The BOA is the UK National Olympic Committee and the strong, independent voice for British Olympic Sport responsible for promoting the Olympic Movement throughout the UK.
- Day-to-day management of BOA relationships with a selected portfolio of Olympic sponsors. Responsible for all relationship, activation and contractual issues arising within the specific sponsors and their agencies
- Manage and advise on sponsor activations to ensure all activations are in line with the agendas of the numerous stakeholders
- Project manage ad-hoc commercial event programmes and related campaigns
- Support on new business efforts as required
- Excellent client servicing and relationship management of the Team GB sponsors
- Effectively manage the delivery of the sponsor’s contractual rights at Team GB events, programmes, communications and digital platforms
- Provide solid guidance and advice about do’s/don’ts with regards to Olympic activation
- Ensure the sponsors represent the BOA and Team GB brand correctly in all collateral and communication by following the BOA’s approvals process
- Work closely with the BOA’s internal marketing, communications and digital teams to ensure partner campaigns are fully integrated
- Liaise with the National Governing Bodies and athletes’ agents regarding Team GB athlete requirements for sponsors and facilitate appearance requests as required
- Advise sponsors on activation and campaign planning
- Identify upsell opportunities where appropriate
- Work with sponsors on delivering VIK needs for Team GB to ensure maximum performance at Olympic Games
- Work with delivery agencies to oversee the planning and delivery of various commercial event programmes, including fundraising events, mass participation and fan activations
- Support the integration of all programmes with BOA channels and activity using effective project management tools/skills
- Efficiently co-ordinate multiple stakeholders, agreements and timeframes
- Ensure sponsor contractual rights are delivered
- Deliver all projects on time and on budget
General Commercial Team responsibilities
- Day to day liaison with wider BOA departments such as Marketing, Comms and Legal
- Line Manager responsibility for 1x Commercial Executive
- Presenting to Senior Leadership Team as required
- Maintain contact databases and project tracking documents
- Maintain excellent financial records including invoicing and sales order processes
- Assist with development of sales collateral, support new business efforts and conduct sponsorship research as required
Key Challenges in Delivering the Role:
- Being able to coordinate multiple stakeholders and projects simultaneously
- Managing the demands and requirements of each stakeholder without showing preference
- Understanding a wide range of rights and the Olympic regulations to effectively deliver assets and maintain strong relationships with sponsors
British Olympic Association (BOA)
The British Olympic Association’s (BOA) mission is to transform British lives through the power of the Olympic values and the success of Team GB.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, click here.