JOB OF THE WEEK: Head of Communications, Motorsport UK
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by GlobalSportsJobs – which is for a Head of Communications at Motorsport UK.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Communications to join the national governing body, Motorsport UK.
Motorsport UK represents over 45,000 competitors and volunteers and over 720 clubs at the heart of motorsport. Now, under the leadership of the Chairman David Richards CBE, Motorsport UK is investing in an exciting period of change to drive growth and create a sustainable future for motorsport in the UK.
Your primary remit is to reach out and engage members, media, B2B and consumer audiences, effectively communicating relevant messaging of our recently launched new purpose.
Central to your role is growing our membership from its current base of competitors, clubs and volunteers and engaging the wider public, convincing them to support the work of Motorsport UK and join our membership organisation.
Your typical responsibilities as Head of Communications will include:
- Ownership of all our communications channels and messaging; from news releases, magazines, member direct mails, website and social media vehicles
- Managing and mentoring the communications department and team
- You will be required to ensure that we deliver against our activation commitments and manage internal and external expectations appropriately
- You will strategise and lead on all matters pertaining to organisational reputation
- You will manage and report on your plans, KPIs and successes weekly
- You will own the continuing roll out of our recently introduced new brand identity and all its assets across all channels
- You will be expected to head up all communications for our major sporting events, including the British Grand Prix and Rally GB
- Thinking ahead, working on and delivering strategic annual campaigns that Motorsport UK can deliver in an integrated manner across its channels
- Lobbying key stakeholders and influencers and through persuasive arguments communicating our messaging
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts with which to target specific prospects
- Being a spokesperson and thought leader of the organisation
- Creating presentations that succinctly communicate key ideas
- Working with a range of specialist, mainstream, digital, marketing and B2B media to sell our ideas to provide our agenda with a broader and keeping up to date with emerging technologies
- Managing corporate and major event crisis communications
- Proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Being an adept copy writer with the flexibility to write in a number of different styles
For the full job description and details on how to apply, go to: http://goglob.al/ViQSFV