JOB OF THE WEEK: Head of Retail, Leicester City Football Club
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by GlobalSportsJobs – which is for a Head of Retail at English Premier League side, Leicester City Football Club.
Established in 1884, Leicester City Football Club (LCFC) is a leading Football Club, achieving outstanding success as Premier League champions in 2016. Following a period of growth, LCFC is recruiting a Head of Retail, who is a highly numerate, experienced innovative retailer, and has the experience and ability to drive the business forward.
Who LCFC is Looking For
You will be commercially driven, have worked effectively as a senior manager in a fast-moving sales retail environment, you will have experience of contributing to and implementing strategic plans whilst successfully leading and developing teams. An excellent communicator with the ability to build good rapport with a diverse range of people and have a positive and supportive approach to people management. Strong organisation skills and good attention to detail are also needed, along with being proactive, solution focused and flexible. You will have demonstrable success both in store and online development.
To manage, promote and develop the Retail, Licensing and Merchandising service at LCFC. To grow existing revenues from the LCFC Fanstore and LCFC Website, as well as generating new revenues from innovative retail licensing partnerships.
- Strategic development and management of the club’s entire retail operation to meet revenue and profit targets
- Sourcing and selling quality products at targeted margins across a range of channels
- Identification and building of relationships with strategic suppliers
- Development and management of efficient stock storage, audit control, security and management processes
- Development and management of strategic retail calendar with impactful seasonal campaigns and optimised product ranges for key football dates (e.g. new kit launch)
- Building, managing and driving an effective sales team to meet commercial targets and expected levels of customer service and satisfaction
- To grow the LCFC retail footprint and revenues through innovative local, national and global partnerships, sales channels and outlets
- Developing a culture and ethos of upselling and cross selling
- Setting and managing team and individual KPIs
- Undertake analysis of sales to provide regular weekly and monthly reporting demonstrating progress against revenue and profit targets
- Create LCFC retail marketing strategy working closely with the Marketing Team
Summary of Duties
- Ensure availability of merchandise and product lines by managing 3rd party contracts and relationships, maintaining inventories and performing regular stock-takes
- Maintain appropriate levels of store staffing by recruiting, selecting and training employees and managing the staffing costs to achieve budgets
- Efficiently manage store ‘staff development’ through coaching, training, monitoring and appraising individuals vs. their KPI’s/PDP’s
- To create, lead and implement LCFC retail marketing strategy. Creating targeted and distinctive marketing and sales campaigns on an ongoing basis for LCFC’s various retail/merchandising/licensing offerings
- To represent LCFC as the main point of contact with the Club’s Official Technical Kit Partner when required
- To source, develop, market and sell innovative, commercial and profitable new product lines on an ongoing basis working alongside the Buying Manager
- To analyse financial statements for profitability ratios and product margins by line and create regular management information and financial reports
- To secure merchandise and retail products by implementing appropriate security systems and measures, including copyright-protection
- To ensure that the company is ethically and professionally represented and that all company approved sourcing guidelines are adhered to
- As a key ‘team’ member, contribute to the overall Commercial Department’s success
- To comply and promote the Club’s policies and procedures to include Safeguarding, Equality & Diversity and GDPR compliance.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, go to: http://goglob.al/cTgsns