JOB OF THE WEEK: Event Manager, International Paralympic Committee
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest job of the week – powered by GlobalSportsJobs – which is for an Event Manager at the International Paralympic Committee.
The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) is the global governing body of the Paralympic Movement. The IPC supervises the organisation of the Paralympic Games and the Paralympic Winter Games and serves as International Federation for ten sports, for which it supervises and co-ordinates the World Championships and other competitions.
The IPC is committed to enabling Paralympic athletes to achieve sporting excellence and to developing sport opportunities for all persons with an impairment from the beginner to elite level. In addition, the IPC aims to promote the Paralympic aspiration and values, which include courage, determination, inspiration and equality.
The IPC offers the position of a full-time IPC Event Manager (f/m/x) in a multi-cultural, international team at the IPC headquarters in Bonn, Germany, starting the first quarter of 2019 until 30 September 2020 (maternity cover).
Tasks and responsibilities:
The key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the coordination and management of internal and external meetings and events
- Managing various operational aspects of IPC Sports Championships and Paralympic Games for the department Protocol, Hospitality & Events
- Managing and updating relevant databases, e.g. by processing registrations, accreditations and accommodation requirements for IPC events
- Supporting the department in administrative tasks
You must be a highly passionate individual who is inspired by the Paralympic Movement and who can fit into and complement an extremely busy and fast paced environment.
Furthermore, you should meet these requirements:
- Have a university degree in Event Management or equivalent
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in event management (proven experience in the management of sport events is a definite plus)
- Have excellent English verbal and written communication skills (knowledge of additional languages is valued)
- Be computer literate in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and event management databases (e.g. Filemaker Pro)
- Be customer-oriented and have excellent organisational skills
- Be flexible and able to travel to events to support events on-site
- Be able to work independently and meet deadlines in a demanding quality service-oriented environment
Do you want to apply?
If you are interested in the position and your profile meets the IPC’s requirements, please send your CV and cover letter in English as a PDF-file by December 10, 2018.
Please state your earliest possible starting date, as well as your salary expectations (please give a precise figure in Euro).
The IPC especially encourages individuals with impairments to apply; the organisation supports the relocation process and provides transitional accessible accommodation.
International Paralympic Committee (IPC)
As one of the largest sports organisations in the world, the IPC is the international umbrella organisation of sport for athletes with an impairment.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, go to: