Monumental Sports & Entertainment unveils Capital One Arena’s newly renovated venue F+B experience
Monumental Sports & Entertainment, in conjunction with the arena’s food and beverage provider, Aramark, have formally unveiled a completely new and upgraded venue and dining experience as part of Capital One Arena’s recent privately-financed US$40m renovation project.
David Touhey, President of Venues for Monumental Sports & Entertainment, said:
The primary focus of this transformative renovation project was to enhance the fan experience and provide a new look, a new feel, and a new taste for the millions of patrons who visit our arena each year. The time was right to make improvements to our venue, which serves as the heart and soul of this constantly evolving neighbourhood in the District.
Carl Mittleman, President, Aramark’s Sports & Entertainment division, said:
Working closely with Monumental Sports & Entertainment, we’ve completely transformed Capital One Arena’s general concessions dining experience. We’re excited to debut the new food and beverage program at the arena and are confident our partnerships with acclaimed culinarians, incorporation of innovative technology and total renovation of stands allow us to offer top-quality food and service, while elevating the overall fan experience.
Washington Capitals and Wizards fans, as well as concert, family show and other sporting event guests, will find a wide array of new, innovative and engaging options in Capital One Arena, including:
- More comfortable seats: Brand new seats, with new cupholders, throughout the arena.
- Modern, cutting-edge Sound System: Entirely new, state-of-the-art sound system designed to deliver the sharpest, clearest game and concert sound throughout the arena. No matter where in the arena you’re sitting, you’ll hear clean, powerful sound.
- Modernised concourses: Concourses on the 100 and 400 levels received a complete makeover, including new flooring, new lighting, and sleek new décor.
- Premium lounges: Two new destination lounges to Capital One Arena, including a newly-designed main concourse (100 level) lounge and the MGM National Harbor VIP Lounge, the first full-service hospitality area exclusive to Wizards courtside seat holders and Capitals glass seat holders.
- Innovative Fan Engagement: State-of-the-art amenities have been installed to further engage fans and innovate their food and beverage experience. At the new Federal Favorites Express grab-and-go location (section 427), two Artificial Intelligent check out scanners have been installed to allow fans to quickly and easily complete their transactions. At the Over the Top stand (section 417), a 21-tap self-serve beer wall has been installed to allow guests to pour their own beer from a wide selection of brews. And, self-ordering kiosks have been installed at select locations, allowing fans to fully customise and pay for their order using touch screen technology.
- Newly designed concessions: All concession stands throughout the 100 and 400 levels of the arena have been renovated and modernized featuring favorite arena fare along with new dining concepts to enhance the fan experience. Enhancements also include re-branding locations with new names and menus, constructing new destination bars, and introducing contemporary color schemes and décor. Other re-design elements include installing new cooking equipment, outfitting all stands with digital menu boards to make it easier to order, adding points of sale to improve speed of service, and posting new directional signage to help guests locate food stands.
- Culinary Partnerships: Among the concessions highlights, fans will find award-winning chef David Chang’s Fuku (section 117), featuring its Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich and Jalapeno Fries, and Lucky Buns from celebrated, local chef Alex McCoy (section 120), featuring assorted specialty burgers. Launch Test Kitchen will showcase a rotation of chefs, celebrity restaurateurs and local brands, beginning with Maria Menounos’ Greek Kitchen (section 105), featuring Falafel Waffle Chicken, Gyros, Pita Points and Greek Spicy Feta Fries.
- Reimagined PwC Club: PwC Club Seat holders in rows one and two will enjoy the comfort of oversized leather seats, each equipped with their own personal tray table and cup holder, for one of the most luxurious seating experiences offered at Capital One Arena. Row three will feature the comfort and convenience of bar top seating, and all PwC Club seats will include individual power outlets to keep your mobile device powered up while on the go. Branded culinary stations create a unique and memorable dining environment, headlined by original concepts from world-renowned celebrity chefs David Chang and Cat Cora. Chef Cat Cora, the first female “Iron Chef” champion, will feature Mediterranean selections from her signature Olilo menu, including create-your-own greens and grains bowls and gourmet flatbreads. Other station offerings include everything from arena favorites, a chef attended carving station, and gourmet desserts, to a made-to-order pizza oven.
- Clearer Digital Displays and Wayfinding Signage: Fans will notice new digital displays in each quadrant of the concourses as well as upgraded internal wayfinding signage to make the arena even easier to navigate.
- Retail Store now open year-round presented by Fanatics: The renovation included the updating of the flagship retail store at Capital One Arena, which is now open to fans year-round, making it easier to purchase the newest, hottest gear anytime.
- The Connected Fan: Monumental360 Fan Platform: Part of our investment in Capital One Arena includes further developing cutting-edge technology that allows us to better serve our fans. The Connected Fan, our new Monumental360 program, provides us with data that will give us a better understanding of our fans’ preferences and interests, which will allow us to deliver an improved and more personalised fan experience, from food and beverage to special offers to specifically-tailored digital content.
Those charged with delivering the renovation project, included:
- Clair Solutions
- KBR Corp
- Irwin Seating
- Colosseo USA
- Deal Electric
- Advantage Flooring
- Dafore LLC
- Dimensional Tile and Marble
- Chesapeake Millwork
- Goode Refrigeration
- Miller Painting
- Vision Tech
- Floor Max
Images, courtesy: Monumental Sports & Entertainment / Gensler