JOB OF THE WEEK: Event Technology Coordinator, ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
We are delighted to bring you details on the latest ‘Job of the Week’ – powered by GlobalSportsJobs – which is for an Event Technology Coordinator at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
The England and Wales Cricket Board are introducing this role to work within the Event Technology Team, reporting in to the Event Technology Manager; providing additional technology support to wider internal functional areas; whilst assisting on other key projects around tournament time support capabilities.
About the ECB
In 2019, England and Wales are set to host the ICC Cricket World Cup for the fifth time and you could be part of it. As the flagship event on the international cricket calendar, it will be the stage for the world’s best players for six weeks of enthralling cricket. You would become a member of a small but hardworking team that is striving for excellence in everything they do.
- Connect with the world – Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporting key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world – Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world – Using the power of the event, the game, it’s spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world – Every member of CWC19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
You’ll love this job if
- You enjoy the challenge of developing and deploying systems and support that contributes to wider organisational objectives and operations.
- You are outcome focussed, with strong attention to detail and an eye to innovation, problem solving and seeking efficient and cost-effective ways to deliver a range of support services to stakeholders.
- You are highly self-motivated and have an unshakable can-do attitude.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike.
You’ll be doing
- Providing a focal point for event technology, desktop support and assistance to internal functional areas, including equipment, system and software installation, configuration and performance, issue resolution, system improvements and upgrades with stakeholders, partners and suppliers.
- Coordinating the scoping, recommendation, procurement, testing and implementation of identified event technology requirements, including internal hardware and software.
- Maintaining internal technology asset lists and ensuring internal functional areas have access to technology resources they need to deliver the CWC19.
- Developing and delivering technology training information and documentation for end users.
- Reviewing opportunities to align event technology requirements with wider organisation opportunities and objectives, ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Contributing to operational readiness activities to effectively test event technology systems and delivery.
- Assisting the Event Technology Manager in planning an effective Tournament Time support model (including identification and deployment of resources) to ensure a resilient and responsive service is provided for all internal and external stakeholders.
- Delivering on-site technology support and issue resolution to internal and external stakeholders at Tournament Time, including management of resources and supporting broadcast and media operations, working within an agreed communication, command and control structure at venues.
- Working within the agreed business planning framework, using the CWC19 programme management methodologies, documentation and reporting tools.
For the full Job Description and details on how to apply, go to: http://goglob.al/7ckcpp