JOB OF THE WEEK: Head of Venues, ICC World T20 (World T20)
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest job of the week – powered by GlobalSportsJobs – which is for a Head of Venues at the ICC World T20 (World T20).
About the role
The Head of Venues will lead the team responsible for coordinating the planning and delivery of all warm up and match venues across our eight host cities, to ensure that spectators, players, media and all other stakeholders enjoy a world-class experience.
This role will work closely with the ICC and both internal and external stakeholders with a focus on coordinating all the venue operations inclusive of Broadcast and Media Operations, Event Presentation, Security, Cricket Operations, Transport, Catering, Technology, Overlay, Logistics and Accreditation.
- You know sport and major events and have proven experience implementing venue planning and delivery of world-class cricket content
- You have a strong operational and delivery focus, and are not afraid to get your hands dirty
- You have excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills, across a variety of stakeholders
- Proven ability to establish, maintain and positively leverage stakeholder relationships across all Tournament venues
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills, with a strong attention to detail in the preparation of planning documents, communication and reports
- You are highly organised with an exceptional attention to detail
- You are a team-oriented leader who is able to motivate a high performing team
To be successful in this role, you will enjoy working in a high energy, innovative and fast-paced setting, and thrive when working to strict deadlines. Your extensive experience to date will have equipped you with the ability to develop stringent processes and procedures to ensure that all venues are presented to a consistently high standard across the country.
The ICC World T20 (World T20) is cricket’s ultimate prize in the fastest growing and most accessible format of the game. T20 is the vehicle to attract new, more diverse and younger audiences to the game.
In 2020, Australia has a unique opportunity to host this major global event. The eyes of the world will be on Australia as the 10 best women’s teams and 16 best men’s teams, compete to be crowned world champions. This will be the first time that the World T20 has been held in Australia and follows the highly successful ICC Cricket World Cup 2015, staged across Australia and New Zealand, which delivered record-breaking attendances, visitation and global television audiences.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, go to: http://goglob.al/RXw7p7
The Sports Venue Business Job of the Week is powered by GlobalSportsJobs.
#SportsVenueBusiness – the leading platform for sector news, views & developments