JOB OF THE WEEK: Sponsorship Manager – Swiss Endurance Events, OC Sport
We’re delighted to bring you details on the latest Job of the Week – powered by GlobalSportsJobs – which is for a Sponsorship Manager – Swiss Endurance Events at OC Sport.
The Sponsorship Manager will work on OC Sport’s Swiss-based events portfolio. She/he will ensure the strong commercial development of OC Sport mass events, as well as the proper delivery of Sponsor’s rights.
The Sponsorship Manager Mass Events will work across the following outdoor events:
- Harmony Geneva Marathon for Unicef
- La Tour Geneva Triathlon
- Geneva 20 Km by Genève Aéroport
- French Riviera Marathon (Nice-Cannes)
- All other confirmed mass events
The successful candidate will gain extensive experience in all sponsor-related areas within a dynamic and fast-growing organisation while bringing an essential “can-do” attitude.
The role will encompass, but will not be restricted to, the following responsibilities:
- Sales generation by developing existing accounts and prospecting for new clients (sponsors, exhibitors, corporate packages etc)
- Manage the entire sponsorship sales process from prospecting to deal closing
- Be responsible for overall commercial budget (sponsors, corporate packages, exhibitions, etc)
- Use creative thinking, research and benchmark to constantly refresh and improve OC Sport value proposition for sponsors
- Act as the go-to contact for difficult enquiries, troubleshooting, and key commercial-related decisions
Sponsor Relationship Management
- Account manage existing and new sponsor relationships
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with sponsors to ensure all deliverables are well planned, executed and create great value-add
- Support the execution of Sponsors’ communication campaigns (content, media materials etc and cross-communication opportunities)
- Develop strategic and measurable activation plans for Sponsor Partners
- Support the delivery of sponsors’ activities on-site at events
- Research/monitor sponsorship best practices and be a champion for this
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience within commercial/sponsorship sales, account management, or business development
- Ability to lead a team and empower people in a highly competitive environment
- Be a sales hunter, ie pro-actively engage with prospects and close deals
- Excellent communication skills: ability to lead projects and build sustainable relationships with sponsors
- Good reporting skills ie activities tracking, performance analysis and budget management
- Ability to find solutions, act with tact in a high-pressure project/event environment and manage time effectively
- Willingness to work on-site at events throughout the year (don’t fear to get your hands dirty!)
- Excellent knowledge of sports business in general and particularly endurance sports is a plus
- Fluency in English and French and good knowledge of German
- A full Driving license is mandatory
- Swiss or EU National
OC Sport is a global sports marketing and events company specialising in professional sailing and outdoor sports.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, go to: goglob.al/KBHoZx
Each Job of the Week is brought to you via the Sports Venue Business (SVB) jobs board, powered by GlobalSportsJobs
#SportsVenueBusiness – keeping you in the know!