JOB OF THE WEEK: Senior Stadium Manager – FIFA
We are delighted to be able to bring you details of this week’s featured ‘Job of the Week’ (JOTW), powered by GlobalSportsJobs, which is for a Senior Stadium Manager – FIFA.
Do you have what it takes to help the new Tournaments & Events Division organise football tournaments throughout the world? To support its Infrastructure Management Department within the Operations Subdivision, FIFA is looking to recruit an experienced and flexible Senior Stadium Manager.
- Management and coordination of all stadium operators and stadium managers taking part in FIFA tournaments
- Refinement, consolidation and integration of any cross-functional requirements with a focus on stadium operations
- Development, planning and delivery of stadium operator workshops, guides and best practices
- Ensuring that any specifications, space and area allocations as well as construction plans are developed in compliance with applicable codes, bylaws and the FIFA requirement catalogues
- Developing own strategy to connect stadium operators’ experiences and the stadium construction industry
- Managing working site visits to stadiums and event locations
- Developing service levels according to FIFA project management and knowledge management standards
- University degree in economics, electrical engineering or civil engineering
- 5-8 years’ proven experience in stadium operations or in a client/customer role within a stadium environment; proven skills in stadium-relevant services such as electrical, mechanical, audio & video, HVAC, water engineering systems as well as pitch management
- Experience of managing and organising football matches and other events in a stadium environment
- High-level computer literacy: MS Office, AutoCAD (or similar planning tools), project management incl. MS Project required
- Fluency in business English, additional language skills preferred
- Proven skills in project, construction and contract management as well as procurement process experience; good understanding of building codes and construction criteria; affinity for new stadium technology and innovations; ability to read maps and construction project plans
- Skills in strategy and planning as well as in budgeting and developing financial feasibility studies; ability to work across all functions and at all levels of the organisation, including FIFA’s external partners, service providers and stadium owners/representatives; ability to maintain strict confidentiality and strong attention to detail
- Excellent team player attitude, adaptability to multicultural environment; high-level interpersonal, leadership and relationship building skills; strong negotiation and presentation skills
The Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) is the international governing body of association football, futsal and beach soccer.
For the full Job Description and details on how to apply, go to: http://goglob.al/V4fo7O
#SportsVenueBusiness – keeping you in the know!