JOB OF THE WEEK: Head of Games Delivery – Paris 2024 at the IOC
We are delighted to be able to bring you details on this week’s featured ‘Job of the Week’ (JOTW), powered by GlobalSportsJobs, which is for a Head of Games Delivery – Paris 2024 at the IOC.
Under the supervision of the Olympic Games Associate Director, the Head of Games Delivery – Paris 2024 will work closely with the Paris 2024 Organising Committee and its partners to ensure efficient co-construction of the Olympic Games and maximise implementation of the opportunities offered by the ‘New Norm’.
Department: Olympic Games
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Open-ended
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: 01.06.2018
Deadline to apply: 20.04.2018
- Develop strong relationships with the relevant executives and people within the Organising Committee (OCOG) and its partners to ensure implementation of a collaboration model that facilitates co-construction of the Olympic Games.
- Ensure opportunities offered by the New Norm are fully realised by the OCOG and its partners with a view to achieving financial and operational optimisation where possible.
- Support and promote integration across all aspects of Games delivery acting as the key interface between the OCOG, its partners and the IOC, including through:
- Preparation, delivery and follow-up of Coordination Commissions, Joint Steering Forums and Project Reviews;
- Preparation of reports to IOC Executive Board, Sessions and any other forum as required; and
- Play a key role in the evolution of the Games Management approach and related change management.
- Contribute to development of a new Planning Framework in line with the New Norm. In particular to:
- Align Games planning to reflect the new “3 + 4” Games Planning Framework and an event management approach and support their implementation;
- Reflect the enhanced role of stakeholders in the organisation of the Games (e.g., International Federations through Sport Delivery Plans etc.);
- Support the integration of turnkey solutions adopted by the OCOG;
- Support the effective integration of Commercial Partners with Games delivery; and
- Embrace latest technologies and management approaches.
- In close collaboration with the IOC functions and relevant advisors, work closely with the Organising Committee to manage opportunities, risks and issues.
- Contribute to delivery of the Olympic Games Department strategic objectives including through participation in internal working groups for specific initiatives.
- Collaborate with Paris 2024 and Olympic Games Knowledge Management (OGKM) to define learning strategy and drive implementation in line with learning needs analysis throughout the lifecycle.
- Facilitate collaboration between Paris 2024 and LA 2028, or where relevant, other OCOGs, to support identification of all possible synergies and optimisation opportunities.
- Support, and when necessary replace, the Olympic Games Associate Director for the preparation and delivery of IOC Games-related meetings.
- Be responsible for management of the Games Operations Office during the operational phase of Games delivery in close partnership with organising committees, IOC departments and functions as well as external partners when relevant.
- In close collaboration with IOC functions, contribute to timely update of reference documents, including but not limited to, Olympic Games Generic Master Schedule and Games Operational Requirements.
- Establish yearly plan and budget for areas under their responsibility, monitor implementation and provide regular updates to Olympic Games Associate Director.
- Ensure that adequate readiness activities are developed and implemented to prepare the IOC delegation, the relevant OCOG personnel and, where relevant, key stakeholders for Games delivery.
- Support the Olympic Games Executive Director and Associate Director and deal with various projects/files as directed by the Executive Director and Associate Director; make proposals for mid- and long-term projects/strategies.
Education, language, IT and personal competences
- At least 7-10 years’ professional experience in the planning and delivery of Olympic Games and mega events
- Excellent English and French oral and written skills
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project
- Flexibility in working hours and ability to travel very regularly, including spending extended periods of time in the host city
For the full job description and details on how to apply, go to: http://goglob.al/asnvij
Each featured ‘Job of the Week’ is brought to you by the Sports Venue Business (SVB) Jobs Board…