JOB OF THE WEEK (JOTW): Venue Security Manager at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
We are delighted to be able to bring you details on this week’s featured ‘Job of the Week’ (JOTW), which is for a Venue Security Manager at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
The England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) are introducing this exciting role to take responsibility for the preparation and planning of security based threat and risk assessments for our Host Venues at the ICC Cricket World Cup in 2019 (ICC CWC19).
Who we are:
In 2019, England and Wales are set to host the ICC Cricket World Cup for the fifth time and you could be part of it. As the flagship event on the international cricket calendar, it will be the stage for the world’s best players for six weeks of enthralling cricket. You would become a member of a small but hardworking team that is striving for excellence in everything they do.
- Connect with the world – Engaging new and existing audiences to grow the fan base and inspire the next generation of fans and players, whilst supporting key partners to activate.
- Entertain the world – Creating an unrivalled and unique experience for the fans and players with cricket at its heart; the most engaging cricket event ever.
- Inspire the world – Using the power of the event, the game, it’s spirit and diversity to make a lasting difference for cricket.
- Excellence in our world – Every member of CWC19 strives for excellence in everything we do challenging ourselves and each other to think beyond traditional limits and boundaries.
You’ll love this job if:
- You’re a clear and articulate communicator.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike.
- You thrive and relish the opportunity to manage multiple projects at once.
- You have a passion for security, and providing a safe sporting environment to fans and players alike.
You’ll be doing:
- Preparing security based threat and risk assessments for a number of Host Venues and cities under the direction of the Venue Security Coordination Manager.
- Working with match day venues to define team arrival, departure and crisis communication strategies.
- Working with the wider security team and partner agencies to establish and mitigate any threats and risks at team hotels, official function venues and training venues.
- Developing excellent working relationships with stakeholders.
- Providing venue specific briefings, debriefings, support and liaison between Team and Match Official Security Liaison Officers within the Host Cities.
- A working knowledge of all aspects of crime, safety and security threats and a proven ability to deal with them appropriately and sensitively.
- Previous experience of working in either a sporting or security environment with proven ability to deliver projects within fixed timeframes.
- Excellent communication and administration skills.
- An ability to work remotely and flexibly.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, go to: http://goglob.al/nF06wr
Each of our featured ‘Jobs of the Week’ are brought to you by the Sports Venue Business (SVB) Jobs Board…