JOB OF THE WEEK (JOTW): Programme Executive at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
We are delighted to be able to bring you details on this week’s featured ‘Job of the Week’ (JOTW), which is for a Programme Executive at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
The England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) have a hugely exciting opportunity for the right person to join the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 team as a Programme Executive. The purpose of this role is to work alongside the Programme Management Team to embed the robust planning and programme management methodologies, to facilitate faultless cross functional working, support specific ICC operational planning and support with tournament reporting.
You’ll love this job if:
- You are passionate about being involved in the planning and delivering one of the world’s biggest sporting events.
- You want to develop your career and progress in the sports event sector.
- You thrive in a busy and ambitious working environment, working with likeminded people.
- You are a positive can-do attitude, with excellent organisational and communication skills.
You’ll be doing:
- Working within the agreed business planning framework, using the CWC19 programme management methodologies and documentation.
- Supporting the Head of Programme Management and Programme Managers with tracking functional area activities, milestones, risks & issues.
- Supporting ICC Senior Host Compliance and Operations Manager to monitor cross organisational planning, communications, logistics and approval for operational elements relating to squad match officials and ICC officials’ participation in the event.
- Supporting and promoting the use of the CWC19 programme management and reporting tool.
- Supporting the Head of Programme Management to determine, evaluate and mitigate tournament risks and support the issue resolution.
- Working within a set governance process and support the regular reporting process to communicate and track tournament progress and status against KPIs and risks to a range of stakeholders.
- Supporting other areas within the CW19 programme (e.g. operational readiness, tournament time reporting, the post tournament review process and the transfer of knowledge process)
- Supporting on the venue inspection tours, with post inspection reports and following up on issues as required.
- Supporting Members Participation Agreement submissions and with finalising the Member recharges and review event accounts.
- Providing logistic support for the pre-event Team Managers briefing and for any ICC pre-event briefings as required.
- A degree level professional qualification or equivalent.
- Knowledge of programme management methodologies, is preferable.
- An understand event management with at least 2-3 years’ experience.
- A motivated, enthusiastic attitude and able to work creatively on own initiative.
- An ability to network effectively and establish stakeholder relationships.
- An ability to work effectively under tournament pressure.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Health Insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life Assurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, go to: http://goglob.al/CzElrH
Each of our featured ‘Jobs of the Week’ are brought to you by the Sports Venue Business (SVB) Jobs Board…