Job of the Week (JOTW): Events Ticketing and Marketing Manager at GB Taekwondo
We are delighted to be able to bring you details on this week’s featured ‘Job of the Week’ (JOTW), which is for an Events Ticketing and Marketing Manager at GB Taekwondo.
GB Taekwondo – one of the most successful Olympic Sports in the UK – requires a highly motivated and creative individual who will be responsible for the development and execution of ticketing, marketing and PR strategies for two high profile world level events.
At its core, GB Taekwondo is looking for a person with a high level of marketing acumen, takes ownership of their work and will wake up every morning thinking about innovative ways to drive ticket sales, raise awareness and build excitement for the World Taekwondo Grand Prix in October 2018 and the World Taekwondo Championships in May 2019, both in iconic Manchester venues.
About GB Taekwondo:
GB Taekwondo is the sports body responsible for the High-Performance athlete program in the UK, and is based at the National Taekwondo Centre in East Manchester.
GB Taekwondo is charged with delivering UK medals on the Olympic and World competition stage. To support this ambition, grow audiences and raise the profile of the sport in the UK, GB Taekwondo have secured the rights to host these milestone events as they build up to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
GB Taekwondo aims to recruit and retain individuals through fair and effective recruitment and selection procedures. We value diversity and are committed to eliminating unlawful and unfair discrimination. Appointment will always be on merit.
Applications are welcomed from all people irrespective of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity/paternity/caring responsibilities, ethnic and cultural background, nationality, disability, religion or belief.
About the post:
Location: Taekwondo Centre, Ten Acres Sports Complex, Ten Acres Lane, Manchester, England. Whilst this role would be based out of our Manchester location, we would consider flexible working proposals as long as the objectives are met, and responsibilities covered in full.
Travel: The successful candidate would be expected to agree to reasonable travel to fulfil this role.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Hours of work: 39 per week
Contractual Status: Fixed Term Contract
Start date: 1st February 2018
End date: 31st May 2019
JOB PURPOSE & MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Head of Events, you will be responsible for:
- Using existing and new audience insights to develop and deliver a marketing strategy and campaigns to achieve ticketing targets for the World Taekwondo Grand Prix 2018 and World Taekwondo Championships 2019
- Co-ordinating the design and creation of a new brand, logo, look and feel for the World Taekwondo Championships 2019
- Management of relationships with stakeholders, suppliers, designers and ticketing agents to ensure they deliver the best possible outcome for the event
- Day to day responsibility for the campaign delivery
- Creation of all marketing content across all platforms
- Management of the event website and content (structure, copy and video)
- Management of social media channels
- Working alongside stakeholders (inc GB Taekwondo) to create engaging digital content
- Managing relationships with event partners and co-ordinating event promotion on their marketing channels
- Exploit all opportunities to promote the event, which arise throughout the event planning e.g. community engagement and sports development initiatives
- The arrangement and management of on-site ticketing services at the events
- The management of marketing and ticketing budgets
Develop a PR strategy to support ticket sales, including:
- Working alongside GB Taekwondo and British Taekwondo media team
- Engaging with broadcast, digital & media providers to generate content
- Managing all PR and Media event focused enquiries
- Managing the on-site delivery of media functions including the press centre, mixed zone and press tribunes at events
- Engaging with World Taekwondo, British Taekwondo and other PR & marketing departments to ensure key messaging is consistent and far reaching
The role will involve working closely with:
- GB Taekwondo commercial manager (and any retained agencies)
- GB Taekwondo media officer (ensuring consistent messaging, exploitation of promotional opportunities and sponsor activation)
- Community engagement legacy project manager (engaging with the wider Manchester family of schools, community and social groups and getting them involved in the events)
- Sets high standards for self and is dissatisfied with average performance.
- Behaves at all times in a professional manner that is fair, open and transparent.
- Understands the need for respect and confidentiality.
- Can demonstrate the ability to develop and deliver marketing strategies and campaigns that achieve desired outcomes on time and within budget.
- Builds effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Encourages and supports organisations to make the best use of their resources and capabilities.
- Be willing to travel throughout the UK and possibly abroad.
- Expresses both orally and in writing, ideas and information in ways that are appropriate, accurate and concise.
- Solves problems creatively by identifying the problem, evaluating the alternatives and finding innovative solutions.
- Understands the issues affecting young people and vulnerable adults, and how these issues should be managed.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of working in a marketing environment.
- Experience of planning and delivering campaigns – ideally ticket sales campaigns
- Significant experience and knowledge of digital marketing
- Experience of working with a team on projects and to deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft IT packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
DESIREABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge or experience of sports events
- Clean driving licence.
- Passport holder with no travel restrictions
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form and covering letter to GB Taekwondo, HR Manager Garry Adams by e‐mail: Garry.email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications: MIDNIGHT, SUNDAY 14TH JANUARY 2018
Interviews: FROM MONDAY 25TH JANUARY 2018 (to confirm)
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please call Ian Leafe, GB Taekwondo Head of Events, on Tel: +44 (0) 7808 772741 or contact him via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the full job description and details on how to apply, go to: http://goglob.al/njCzLs
Each of our featured ‘Jobs of the Week’ are brought to you by the Sports Venue Business (SVB) Jobs Board…