JOTW: Venue Delivery Manager at ICC Cricket World Cup
We are delighted to be able to bring you details on this week’s featured ‘Job of the Week’ (JOTW), which is for a Venue Delivery Manager at ICC Cricket World Cup.
The ECB are introducing this role to contribute to the successful operational planning and delivery of identified venues for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 (CWC19); establishing effective and positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to deliver the platform for all Teams to be able to perform at their best.
YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB IF
- You have a passion for delivering the best, whilst establishing new benchmarks and standards.
- You are detail and outcome focussed, with an eye to innovation and seeking efficient and cost-effective ways to deliver.
- You are a clear communicator that establishes strong professional relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external, and seeks to resolve arising issues in line with wider objectives.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike.
- You have an unshakable can-do attitude.
YOU’LL BE DOING
- Contributing to the development of the Functional Area operations plan for Venue Delivery, aligned to ICC and key stakeholder requirements.
- Implementing the agreed Venue Operational Planning process, leading on the venue planning cycle and all related meetings for an identified cluster of venues, including effective coordination and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinating the compilation of the Venue Delivery Plan for each allocated venue, in conjunction with venue representatives and other internal Functional Areas, ensuring identification of the scope of operational requirements which will lead to the successful delivery of agreed client service levels at Tournament Time.
- Leading on cross-venue coordination of identified venue related projects, which may include, catering, cleaning and waste, look and wayfinding, scheduling, health and safety or others as determined.
- Managing communication and coordination with allocated venues to facilitate pre-Tournament visits.
- Championing the requirements of teams and players to ensure the delivery of a world class platform for them to be able to prepare and perform at their best.
- At Tournament Time (including warm-up matches) for allocated venues, acting as the CWC19 lead on Cricket and venue related operational delivery, in line with wider organisational and ICC objectives, and providing support across other Functional Areas as required.
- Coordinating and implementing Tournament Time briefings as identified, whilst also contributing to Tournament wide coordination and reporting at Tournament Time, including implementation of an agreed communication, command and control structure at venues.
- Working within the agreed business planning framework, using the CWC19 programme management methodologies, documentation and reporting tools.
- Demonstrated hands-on and operational experience implementing venue planning and delivery for an international sport event, with a knowledge of Cricket a distinct advantage.
- A focus on establishing, maintaining and positively leveraging effective stakeholder relationships across all Tournament venues and with other internal Functional Areas.
- An understanding of venue and operational safety, risk and environmental standards in a UK context.
- Experience in contract and budget management of a multi-dimensional project within a fixed timeframe and high-pressure environment, often dealing with and responding to demanding clients or stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills, across a variety of stakeholders, with a focus on achieving agreed outcomes that contribute towards the overall organisational objectives.
- Demonstrated organisational and administrative skills, with a strong attention to detail in the preparation of planning documents, communication and reports.
- A Team player approach, be resourceful and possess the ability to demonstrate initiative; still seeking advice or support when required.
- A proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour; understanding the ever-changing events environment which will include unsociable hours.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Private medical insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life assurance
- Free on-site gym
- Subsidised on-site canteen
Applicants should have the right to work in the UK, refer to the Job Description and respond with a maximum 2 page cover letter outlining their relevant experience for the role, together with a supporting CV. All information should be merged and submitted in one saved document (either Word or PDF) by the closing date with the subject identifier formatted as follows:
CWC19 Venue Delivery Manager – Your Name
If you are intending to apply, please do so at the earliest possible date rather than leaving it to the closing date.
Applications close on Sunday 7 January 2018. Only applicants progressing to shortlist or interview will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled to occur between Thursday 11 and Monday 15 January 2018 and applicants should indicate in their cover letter if they are unable to attend an interview during these dates.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, go to: http://goglob.al/wZw8kC