JOTW: Head of Cricket and Venue Delivery at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019
We are delighted to be able to bring you details on this week’s featured ‘Job of the Week’ (JOTW), which is a vacancy for a Head of Cricket and Venue Delivery at the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
The Organising Committee are introducing this role to lead on the strategic and operational planning of the cricket operations and venue delivery functions for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 (CWC ’19). Effectively developing strategy, championing collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships, adopting an outcome focussed approach and leading and motivating the delivery team will be pivotal in this role.
You’ll love this job if:
- You have a passion for delivering the best, establishing new benchmarks and standards.
- You are detail and outcome focussed, with an eye to innovation and seeking efficient and cost-effective ways to deliver.
- You are a clear and articulate communicator that leads by example and establishes strong professional relationships with stakeholders, both internal and external.
- You have an unshakable can-do attitude.
- You thrive under busy, variable and exciting environments where no two days are alike.
You’ll be doing:
- Develop the strategic objectives and Functional Area operations plans for Cricket Operations and Venue Delivery, aligned to ICC and key stakeholder requirements.
- Create and implement an effective Team Services communication plan, in conjunction with ICC.
- Establish an effective and collaborative Venue Planning process and lead implementation of venue planning cycles across internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop detailed delivery plans that encompass all operational elements and include clear governance structures for successful match day and non-match day operations, including issue escalation and resolution across multiple stakeholders.
- Champion the requirements of teams and players to ensure the delivery of a world class platform for them to be able to prepare and perform at their best.
- Leading by example, direct, motivate and support members of the Cricket and Venue Delivery Team.
- Identify key client services levels and align to operational delivery plans and available budget.
- Manage implementation of existing or new venue agreements and contracts, including stakeholder liaison and conflict resolution.
- Lead on the development of the venue Look strategy, in consultation with ICC and CWC19 Marketing.
- As a senior member of the Team, contribute to Tournament wide coordination and reporting at Tournament Time, including implementation of an agreed communication, command and control structure at venues.
- Work within the agreed business planning framework, using the CWC19 programme management methodologies, documentation and reporting tools.
- Extensive strategic and operational experience planning and delivering international events, with Cricket knowledge and venue delivery a distinct advantage.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and decision-making skills, across a variety of stakeholders at all levels of the business, with a focus on achieving agreed outcomes that contribute towards the overall organisational objectives.
- A focus on establishing, maintaining and positively leveraging effective stakeholder relationships across all Tournament venues.
- Experience in contract, budget and programme management of a multi-dimensional large-scale project or series of projects within a fixed timeframe and high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated an ability to lead, motivate and support a highly effective operational delivery Team, whilst ensuring achievement of organisational wide alignment and collaboration of stakeholders.
- A strong attention to detail in the preparation of planning documents, communication and reports.
- A Team player approach, be resourceful and possess the ability to demonstrate initiative; still seeking advice or support when required.
- A proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour; understanding the ever-changing events environment which will include unsociable hours.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Non-contributory 8% pension
- Life assurance
- Free on-site gym
- Subsidised canteen
Please apply with a maximum 2 page cover letter, outlining your relevant experience for the role, together with a supporting CV. All information should be merged and submitted in one saved document with the subject identifer formatted as follows: CWC19 Head of Cricket and Venue Delivery – (Your Name).
Applications close on Wednesday 15 November 2017. Interviews will be scheduled to occur on Monday 20 and Tuesday 21 November 2017 and you should indicate in your cover letter if you are unable to attend an interview on these dates.
For the full job description and details on how to apply, go to: http://goglob.al/Kyrafc