JOTW: Operations Director at Yas Marina Circuit
We are delighted to be able to bring you details on this week’s featured ‘Job of the Week’ (JOTW), which is for an Operations Director at Yas Marina Circuit.
Yas Marina Circuit is the United Arab Emirates’ most exciting sporting and entertainment multi-purpose venue.
Located on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, the circuit is home to the annual FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX and much more. In addition to the extensive year-round program of professional and grassroots motorsport events and experiences including Drag and Yas Track Nights, the circuit has emerged as a thriving hub for entertainment and community events in the UAE.
As the region’s most technologically-advanced facility, the circuit is also a leading MICE venue, regularly hosting a diverse range of corporate meetings, conferences and events. Whether you want to experience the thrill of karting at the Kartzone, driving an Aston Martin GT4 at over 200km/hour on an F1 circuit, work towards your racing license at the Yas Racing School, get fit at StartYAS, TrainYas or GoYas, participate in one of many sporting events, or simply catch up with friends at Yas Central, Yas Marina Circuit truly is The Meeting Place of Champions.
Strategic Planning and Execution:
- Support the development of the overall business strategy and business unit plans by providing an operational perspective.
- Translate the strategic and business objectives of the organisation to an operational plan for the Operations Division.
- Ensure that operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by the employees in the Operations Division.
- Liaise with the Business Unit heads and other Division Directors to ensure that the operational plan is comprehensive and ensures ongoing support to and from other departments and divisions.
- Work with Finance to develop the budget of the Operations Division, to be consolidated with the overall budget of ADMM.
Management of the Operations Division:
- Manage and direct day-to-day activities of direct reports, to ensure timely delivery of operational activities.
- Provide ongoing career development, support and coaching for direct reports.
- Provide feedback to team, and identify need based training requirements for direct reports.
- Ensure that appropriate standards of conduct are established and complied with.
- Approve decisions for the departments as a relevant signing authority as per DoA.
Analysis and reporting:
- Monitor efficiency and costs of operational functions and conduct analysis to continually improve results.
- Monitor the quality of reporting, analysis and communication to ensure that it is at a quality acceptable at ADMM.
- Ensure continuous improvements and enhancements to the existing operational systems and processes to support better management reporting and organisational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness of the Operational Division, through continuous improvements to each department and ensuring constant communication across departments and divisions.
- Understand the requirements of the customer for each event and ensure readiness to deliver through coordination with other departments (Security, Supply, Fleet etc.)
- Monitor departmental resources to ensure that the correct resources and personnel are trained and available for all events, right from planning to event delivery.
- Review schedules for events (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets) to ensure that there is no overlap or duplication of effort
- Ensure insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to.
Facilities and Fleet Management:
- Develop, direct and monitor the facility management operations for the entire circuit to ensure facilities are well managed and maintained to the required standards whilst working within the budget.
- Ensure effective asset management by developing an asset management schedule that defines the maintenance calendar to optimise the asset life cycle.
- Develop, direct and monitor the fleet management operation for all events at the circuit to ensure the smooth running thereof and meet customers’ needs.
- Develop, direct and monitor the HSE Department, ensuring all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls are in place.
- Develop, direct and monitor the security operation to ensure safety and security of, employees, and customers.
- Maintain oversight over crowd safety processes and administer required training. Address any crowd safety issues that may be escalated.
- Define standards and SLAs in line with global, regional and national standards, and ensuring the definition of SLAs and enforcement thereof by ADMM’s outsourcing partners.
- Responsible for promoting a safety and security mindset among employees through constant communication, delivery of training and monitoring of safety and security practices
- Oversee the security of ADMM’s assets and personnel including developing and implementing related policies in line with the relevant regulations and best practices.
- Develop, direct and monitor the operations of all sporting activities on the circuit and in the paddock to ensure the smooth operation thereof and provide customer satisfaction.
- Monitor control over driver safety and race officiation in line with global and licensing entity standards.
- Ensure compliance with the required racing regulation
- Work with the Head of Sporting to ensure effective track officiation during races.
- Oversee the setup and maintenance of the circuit to ensure that it is ready for the various events.
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant field is preferred
- Bachelor degree in Engineering
- 10-15 years of industry related experience specifically operations management and service delivery
- Industrial knowledge of Motorsports industry
- Knowledge of Developing Strategic plans and budgets, and detailed planning
- Knowledge of Project Management and Performance Management of product
- Languages: English mandatory and Arabic would be preferred
For further details, go to: http://goglob.al/JJ8IXc
Each of our featured ‘Jobs of the Week’ are brought to you by the Sports Venue Business (SVB) Jobs Board…
Image of Yas Marina Circuit, courtesy: http://abudhabi-cb.ae