JOB OF THE WEEK: Deputy Safety and Security Manager at London Stadium 185
This week’s featured ‘Job of the Week’ is a vacancy for a Deputy Safety and Security Manager at London Stadium 185.
Deputy Safety and Security Manager
London Stadium 185, the operator of the former Olympic Stadium is seeking to expand their Safety & Security Team. London Stadium is a multi-purpose venue that is now the new home of West Ham United Football Club (WHUFC) and is also equipped to host Concerts, Rugby both Union and League, as well as top class athletics.
The successful candidate will be “hands on”, working within the Safety & Security team, and will support the Safety Officer to prepare for and deliver events at the Stadium including fulfilling paperwork obligations and providing leadership to the stewarding team on event days.
In addition to the event requirements, the Deputy Safety and Security Manager will be responsible for overseeing the Event and Non-Event Day Security Operations and the Health & Safety requirements of the business ensuring that the operator, its staff and supply partners are fully compliant with current legislation, monitoring performance, conducting inspections, reviewing documentation and implementing changes where necessary.
- Applicant must hold, or be prepared to work towards achieving, an NVQ 4 Certificate in Spectator Safety Management
- Will have or be prepared to obtain the NEBOSH (or equivalent) qualification
- Have a proven track record of working in a dynamic environment
- Will have proven experience in the planning and management of Sports and Entertainment events
- Will be supportive and able to work with others at all levels of the organisation
- Have an ability to adapt to fluctuating workloads
- Have excellent stakeholder management skills
- Will liaise with the Local Authority, Police, Fire and Ambulance Services and any other body, e.g. Safety Advisory Group in the relation to the maintenance of the Stadiums General and Special Safety Certificates
- Leadership presence
- Friendly, helpful and cheerful persona
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work unsupervised
- A genuine team player
Salary & Benefits:
This role offers a salary commensurate with the position. A company pension scheme is also provided together with private medical cover.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this role, please send a CV and covering letter by 8am on Tuesday 8th August 2017.
To apply for this role or for further information, simply go to: http://goglob.al/zsJPp7
NB: There is also a vacancy for a Safety Officer at London 185.
Each of the featured ‘Jobs of the Week’ are brought to you by the Sports Venue Business (SVB) Jobs Board, powered by GlobalSportsJobs.
#SportsVenueBusiness – keeping you in the know!