Sports Technology Awards 2017 open for entries
Bright sparks in Sports Tech vie for victory ahead of the Sports Technology Awards 2017.
The global competition to emerge victorious at the Sports Technology Awards began this week.
As the only initiative dedicated to celebrating innovations in sport globally, the race to win a coveted award is closely contested from all aspects of the sector.
Sports technology evolves constantly and the 2017 categories reflect this:
- Team of the Year
- Venue of the Year
- Rights Holder of the Year
- Outstanding Start Up
- Most Innovative Sports Partnership
- Most Innovative Sponsor
- Most Innovative Kit or Apparel
- Most Innovative Fan Engagement Campaign
- Best Web Development or App
- Best Wearable Technology
- Best Use of Technology within a Live Sports Experience or Event
- Best Technology for Managers and Coaches – Performance
- Best Technology for Managers and Coaches – Athlete Welfare
- Best Technology for Fan Engagement
- Best Technology for Commercial Returns
- Best Participation Technology
- Best New Innovation
- Best Elite Sports Facility
- Best Digital TV Product or Broadcast Innovation
- Sports Tech Young Exec
As well as several exciting new categories, another key development for 2017 is a new venue and date. The ceremony will be held May 4, 2017, at the iconic Roundhouse in London, which is world-famous for events such as the annual iTunes Festival.
Rebecca Hopkins, Sports Technology Awards’ CEO, said:
For 2017, we wanted to reflect innovative thinking and visionary use of technology as much as actual hard and software. Consequently our aim is to reveal the best tools on the market as well as the people who embraced it to deliver truly outstanding work.
A new addition to the awards team is Martin Corry, world-cup winner and former England rugby captain, who is the inaugural judging panel chair.
I am excited about leading this year’s panel; past winners tell us that a Sports Technology Award makes a tangible, commercial difference to their organisation, from reduced sales periods to improved investment. I think that is an outstanding accolade for the awards and I’m looking forward to seeing what excellent work will be put in front of us this year.
Entries are now open for 2017.
For more information, please visit: www.sportstechnologyawards.com